This is the first full episode. It covers the situation in Europe in 1815, and gives a feel for life in Britain on the eve of the great events of the last campaign of the Napoleonic Wars.
- What does the term Victorian mean?
- History as a spectrum.
- What will the podcast cover & why start in 1815?
- Geography and climate of Britain in 1815.
- Britains military and strategic position.
- The naval impact of the Napoleonic Wars.
- Brief summary of the great powers of Europe in 1815 (Spain, Austria, Prussia and Russia).
Thanks for your listening. I hope you enjoy. If you want to get in touch, I’d love to hear from you. You can email me at
I’ve now added the transcript of this episode at